During the EFSA peer review of pesticide active substances under Regulation (EC) No. 1107/2009, several aspects in the area of mammalian toxicology were identified by EFSA that needed discussion with experts from National Authorities in order to enhance the harmonisation of the risk assessment of active substances.
A new discussion was held at the Pesticide Peer Review Meeting 170 of December 2017. Recommendations were made on:
- Genotoxicity of plant protection products
- Use of (Q)SARs
- Use of Read-Across approaches for metabolites
These recommendations will be applied during the EFSA peer review of the active substances.
In addition, brief discussions of the following topics were also made:
- EFSA guidance 2016 on the residue definition
- EFSA guidance 2017 on dermal absorption
- Current and planned EFSA activities in the area of pesticides:
- Developmental neurotoxicity
- Cumulative assessment groups
- Planned workshops (in vitro comparative metabolism, phototoxicity, historical control data)
- Update of EFSA guidance 2014 on the assessment of exposure of operators, workers, residents and bystanders
See also our previous articles:
Lynxee consulting’s team is at your disposal to answer your questions.
Contact us! http://lynxee.consulting/en/contact/