The conditions of composition and functioning of Anses’ markeking authorisation monitoring Committee have just been established by French Decree No.2015-1184 of 25 September 2015, made under French Law for agriculture, food and forestry of 13 October 2014 (Article 51 of Law No. 2014-1170). Moreover, this Decree adds the monitoring system called ‘phytopharmacovigilance’ (PPV) to the list of the missions falling under the control of the Agency.
The monitoring Committee will be constituted of 9 to 13 members whose appointment will be fixed for a 3-year period by an ‘Arrêté’. The list of members will be proposed by the Managing Director of the Agency. Members will be individuals recognised for their knowledge and skills in the areas of plant protection and crop fertilisers.
The monitoring Committee may be consulted by the Managing Director of the Agency on the following issues :
– the applicability of risk management measures in the authorisation context;
– the safety of use of products in relation to human and animal health and the environment ;
– The agronomic and socio-economic benefits of the different plant protection solutions available in line with the principles of agroecology, including biocontrol solutions;
– the use of the data collected within the framework of ‘phytopharmacovigilance’ (PPV);
– the identification of priority subjects regarding studies to be conducted in relation with the uses of plant protection products, adjuvants, fertilisers and growing media ;
– the identification of priority subjects regarding the control of the production, the formulation, the packaging and the labeling of plant protection products, adjuvants, fertilisers and growing media.
These measures will be applicable from the date of publication of the first list of members of the Committee of Approvals monitoring.